(keitai-l) Re: Test this with your I-Mode phone...

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom_at_nooper.com>
Date: 03/27/01
On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:56:31PM +0900, Juergen Specht wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I made a funny finding this weekend...
>
> Some background for the non technicians in the list:
>
> Basically a browser needs to translate a textual description
> (HTML) into a graphical presentation (rendering). That this
> is a major task for every phone is simple to proof...check
> this URL with your phone:
>
> http://nooper.com/crashtest.html
>
> Preferable with a 10k cache phone like the N502it. WATCH your
> screen. Now scroll as fast as you can down with the down arrow.
> WATCH your screen.

Its quite funny on a N501i also. Because, the page is bigger than
5k the phone also throws in the page too big warning and has to
render this appearing and disappearing, altogether it takes the
phone ~50 seconds before I can actually scroll anywhere, When I
do get to the end of the first page, it takes ~11 seconds to move
down to that next checkbox...

Of course this is not a very usual application, but I've now started
using it as a bitmap editor... Can I have a save function :)

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Noop-de-Noop!
tom_at_nooper.com                  http://www.nooper.com