(keitai-l) Re: 'Official' SDK by DoCoMo

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 03/28/01
> I notice that there is no compression being performed on the class
> libraries when you use
> the J2ME SDK .

It depends what you mean by compression.  The SDK does do some
compression because it puts the classes into a compressed Jar file.
What the SDK doesn't do much of is optimization...

> What are people using to compress their Java classes?
>
> I am using JOpt, which is
> pretty good.

I tried out Jopt.  It looks good.  I gave it a Jar file made by the SDK
and it reduced the size by 10-20%.  However, I tried to run the
application on the phone and it didn't work anymore.  Jopt did output a
few warnings.  I'm guessing that Jopt isn't compatible with Jar files
produced by the SDK.  Did you manage to use Jopt in conjunction with the
SDK?

Gary.