(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)

From: Daniel Helmer <daniel_helmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 03/28/01
Like Hubert, I guess I'm a bit surprised that not more than 30% of i-mode
subscribers actually use the service.

A global survey by Boston Consulting Group last year found that only 50% of
Europeans, and 30% of Americans with WAP phones actually used WAP services.

The high barrier to start using WAP services is often blamed for this.
i-mode, on the other hand, is often held as an example where the barrier to
start using new services is much lower.

Still, no better up-take...

And I guess DoCoMo much rather uses the 20m subscriber figure than 4m. Can't
blame them, everybody else measure subscribers the same way (eg number of
WAP phones sold worldwide = WAP users)

/Daniel Helmer