(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (roughestimate)

From: Alistair Jeffs <alistair_at_nervewireless.com>
Date: 03/28/01
At 20:39 28/03/2001 +0900, you wrote:
> > one of the things i noticed on nooper in their street snaps of keitai users
> > was that not many (if any) were doing data things
> > [http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=0&l=en].
>
>Don't look only at pictures, read the headline and
>you will read:
>Street snaps of Japanese keitai users  (January 2000)
>                                                 ^^^^
>http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/index.php?a=1&l=en&st=0
>
>This gallery is OLD. We have several showcase updates
>in preparation, but since this is a free by-product, we
>show only things we do anyway for us or some customers.

But, that's my point. People are assuming that iMode users are data users
when they actually aren't. While the take up of Japanese iMode data useage
seems stronger than Europe, it is not as strong as many are thinking these
days. Nonetheless, the pictures are over a year old. I'm sure lots more
people are using the iMode data services than back in January 2000. Right?

>You can have a deep look into my archive of people using
>dataservices on phones at any situation, but for this I
>need a deep look into your wallet first ;)

Thanks, I'll get back to you.

alistair