(keitai-l) McKinsey , Was Re: Actual i-mode users

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 03/28/01
on 01.3.28 8:31 PM, Alistair Jeffs at alistair@nervewireless.com wrote:
(..)
> and, a couple of other pieces i've heard lately:
>
> -pr0n is the one and only thing that's doing m-commerce on iMode phones
>
> -mckinsey came up with the idea of iMode and sold it to NTT
>
> anyone have any comments?
>
> alistair

DoCoMo had rough ideas about what would become iMode, McKinsey was hired to
turn them into a viable business plan. However the end result is rather
different from what Mc propossed - the revenue model for example !
There is something about this in Matsunaga's "I-Mode Incident"
http://www.japon.net/imode/imodenews20000815.shtml#8/19

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/