(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 03/28/01
> Moreover, the whole point of DoCoMo (and J-Phone et al) marketing was to
> actually trick people into thinking it was just "another feature of the
> phone"... are you catching my drift? Respondants may not have made the link
> [i-mode=www-server=internet] like we so easily do.

Thats the point. I showed some people on *their* phones
my private picture i-mode site and they asked me how
my pictures came in their phone. They were pretty impressed.

DoCoMo made never the mistake to tell the world the can
'use the Internet on their phone', they even never mentioned
the Internet. So most first time users don't bring the Internet
(they heard about it) and some functions in their phone
in any relation.

Market research is a bad, bad thing. It can be right and
it can be totally wrong. Even the interviewer can be the
reason for wrong results.

Juergen <-- Let Nooper.com pay for the sushi.