(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (rough estimate)

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/28/01
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Victor Pikula wrote:

> Additional problems:
> 4) DoCoMo indicates that 90% of their users are pressing the i-mode button
> at least once a week. But how does that translate to people *knowing* what
> that button does? And couldn't they just be pressing it incidentally, not
> actually using any of the services? Also, is the email function accessed
> separately from the i-mode button?

I would guess this is curcial. Intentional i-mode access vs
unintentional i-mode access because of unfamiliar of the handset
functionalities. Also, I would like to know do they consider SMS(
in their form, short mail) part of the i-mode access. ( since it is
in the menu.)

> "i-mode", does that *really* bring me onto the internet?"
>
> Moreover, the whole point of DoCoMo (and J-Phone et al) marketing was to
> actually trick people into thinking it was just "another feature of the
> phone"... are you catching my drift? Respondants may not have made the link
> [i-mode=www-server=internet] like we so easily do.

I think this is important. Getting people off the 'techno-phobia'.
It is just a phone, a better one.

> ... Final thought: No, Rod, I am not German. Don't ever tell a Dutchman he
> is German. Before you know it, he'd be sending you flying cows... and you
> don't want that with current European livestock conditions, now do you ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Victor

Wa- Ha ha... ha... holy cow. :)
Better yet, you don't live in UK or France. :)

Hubert