(keitai-l) Re: Actual i-mode users in Nov.2000: 3,870,689 (roughestimate)

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/29/01

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Renfield Kuroda wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Victor Pikula wrote:
> >

> > > Additional problems:
> > > 4) DoCoMo indicates that 90% of their users are pressing the i-mode button
> > > at least once a week. But how does that translate to people *knowing* what
> > > that button does? And couldn't they just be pressing it incidentally, not
> > > actually using any of the services? Also, is the email function accessed
> > > separately from the i-mode button?
> >

> Pressing the i-mode button does NOT connect you to the Internet at all.
> It just brings up the i-mode phone menu. You must then press #1 - i-Menu
> to get the i-mode gateway menu, which counts as an Internet access.

yes, I know. I have seen the menu display. I  made a mistake
on abbreviating the process.

> > I would guess this is curcial. Intentional i-mode access vs
> > unintentional i-mode access because of unfamiliar of the handset
> > functionalities.
>
> I would guess this is non-crucial.

yes. if they see the menu display then it is pretty clear
pressing the i-menu will bring them to somewhere else.
But I don't know how they will look at the check message which
is the 3rd item and the 'inquiries' which is the 6.  Will that
be considered using the i-mode?

>  Also, I would like to know do they consider SMS(
> > in their form, short mail) part of the i-mode access. ( since it is
> > in the menu.)
>
> I doubt it, as short mail is carried on the circuit network if I'm not
> mistaken...then again hardly anybody sends shortmail from an i-mode
> phone; it's all email. Even when you receive a shortmail it comes into
> your email inbox.

Thanks.

Hubert