(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Net penetration

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/30/01
Sorry, don't have stats, but the conventional
wisdom is "mobile is cannibalizing landline"
for personal voice communications.  To the
extent that this means people aren't getting
fixed-line internet because they don't (or no
longer) have a fixed line, then you could make
a (flimsy) case that there are lost opportunities
for landline net connection.  But, if so, this is only
slightly *hampering* landline net connection
growth, not replacing it per se.

-m
leap@gol.com