(keitai-l) Re: dynamic jam files, persistent storage and tracking the users of your IAppli

From: Markus Roskothen <markus_at_shoutinteractive.com>
Date: 03/30/01
> So that means, jam files lives on the handset as well ?
>
> Also does that mean, the scratchpad lives with the application as well, or
> you get a new scratchpad everytime you *START* the application ??
Basically
> what I am getting at is: Is  scratchpad a persistent data storage for the
> iappli??

yes, the scratchpad stays with the iappli and does not get erased. Nice
extra storage. However, there is a limitation on the number of iapplis that
you can store. Maybe it's a FIFO mechanism. Maybe the phone gives you a
choice of which iappli you want to kick out for a new one to be loaded.

I just looked at the motorola i85s and its 'scratchpad' is much more
limited. It lets you only store 'records' and is not a general byte storage
area as the i-mode phones.

Markus