(keitai-l) Re: The first real Japanese phone outside Japan

From: Giles Richter <giles_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 03/31/01
From: "Gustaf Rosell" <gustaf@xpedio.com>
To: <keitai-l@appelsiini.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 5:36 PM
Subject: (keitai-l) Re: The first real Japanese phone outside Japan

> Regarding the price. It's a bit expensive, yes. Most phones for SprintPCS
> are in the $100-200 range, the advanced LG/Palm at $400. But I think it
may
> sell anyhow. Will be interesting to see. But it should have mp3 and
> multimedia card, like the RZ-J91. What is the price for that one now in
Japan?

> /g

Random window shopping the other day in Shinjuku turned up that the RZ-J91
is going for about 4,000-5,000 yen for new subscribers, about double that
for current customer's just changing handsets.   The handset is
competitively
priced, either way.  But the FeelSound Market audio adaptor costs about
19,000 yen, and that does not necessarily include the Smart card for saving
music files, or good headphones, etc.  The options cost much more than the
handset. The Treva camera attachment is 3,000-4,000 yen.

-Giles