(keitai-l) Re: The first real Japanese phone outside Japan

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 03/31/01
At 05:34 2001-03-31, you wrote:
>on 01.3.31 6:20 AM, Gustaf Rosell at gustaf@xpedio.com wrote:
> > The first interesting phone outside Japan will be released on Monday. Not
> > in Europe, but in the US for SprintPCS.
> > So, beware, Europe.
> > http://www.sanyousa.com/consumer_electronics/pcs/scp-5000.html
>It seems based on the RZ-J91 and C401SA, best-selling models for DDIPocket
>and AU, and coming to J-Phone next week with a camera in the back.
>The US specs mention "One Touch Web Access", what's the browser?

I am not sure. Please check it out, those who are in the US. Some other
SprintPCS phones have Qualcomm/Eudora browsers, some new ones are supposed
to have AOL's new browser made by Nokia (!).

Regarding the price. It's a bit expensive, yes. Most phones for SprintPCS
are in the $100-200 range, the advanced LG/Palm at $400. But I think it may
sell anyhow. Will be interesting to see. But it should have mp3 and
multimedia card, like the RZ-J91. What is the price for that one now in Japan?

/g

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.com | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 4747