(keitai-l) Re: another P503 bug!!!

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_morganstanley.com>
Date: 04/03/01
Has anyone actually CONFIRMED this? I don't have a P503 but I am very
suspect of anything announced on April 1...

r e n

Gary James wrote:

> There is another bug in the P503.  It is to do with the handling of
> dates.  The bug technically makes it impossible for any P503 users to
> download i-appli made during the month of April to their phone .
>
> The reason for the bug is that the engineers at Panasonic used "Apl" as
> the short form for April, whereas the standard(?) form (I believe used
> by all the other models) is "Apr".  When a user tries to download an
> i-appli that was built in April (thus having a "LastModified" entry in
> the JAM file that specifies "Apr") the phone will show an error message
> and not allow the download to continue.
>
> It's not too hard for developers to get around this problem.  They could
> edit the JAM file manually and lie about the build date.  Although this
> would make the P503 happy it's basically a hack and could cause more
> problems - never a good thing!
>
> Of course, i-appli made by developers who don't know about this issue
> won't work.  This is obviously going to cause DoCoMo and Panasonic more
> embarrassment!!!

ascii:	r	e	n	f	i	e	l	d
octal:	\162	\145	\156	\146	\151	\145	\154	\144
hex:	\x72	\x65	\x6e	\x66	\x69	\x65	\x6c 	\x64

e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

"Connecting people, ideas and capital,
we will be the world's first choice
for achieving financial aspirations"