(keitai-l) So, will i-mode repeat its early successes in the Europeanmarket ?

From: Eijkemans, Paul <Paul.Eijkemans_at_ben.nl>
Date: 04/04/01
>There is definitely a lot of info out there about CHTML, but my impression
>was that there is already a lot of investment into the WAP standard and
>developing content in accordance with it.. (in Europe)

cHTML or WML in the presentation layer really doesn't make that difference.
Basically most efforts in creating a service is the service logic itself,
which is in essence largely presentation layer independent. Thus, most
European service developers are able to create a cHTML site out of a WML
site in a flash.

>i-mode is closer to supporting the rich media supported by xml than wap is,
>but KDDI has proved that HDML can be tweaked to support the same features
>that CHTML does..

Bull. It's a matter of having support for rich media in the handset. Adding
additional types within the browser would be easy. Japan is blessed with
handset manufacturers that have a clue. Nokia, Ericsson and Siemens
definately have no clue when it comes to handsets supporting rich media.

>I thought that the prevailing thought was that both standards will probably
>evolve so handsets become interoperable so that content deveopers could
>create their content only once in the end..

Paul