(keitai-l) Re: Fixed point math library [way, way OT]

From: Eric Hildum <Eric_Hildum_at_itochu.net>
Date: 04/04/01
>> There are probably lots of errors. Don't use this code for anything
> important
>> without testing it.
>
> Too late, Henry, I'm writing this in my hang-glider, diving
> through fog, and my navigation system is running entirely
> in a midlet.  It's great!  It leaves so much more time for
> thumbty

I do recall one early experiment in robotics which involved a robot designed
to catch ping pong balls - it consistently missed the balls in one area. An
extensive and careful investigation revealed that the sine and cosine
functions supplied in a commercially obtained package returned the wrong
results for certain ranges of input...
--
Eric Hildum