(keitai-l) (off topic?) HaikuHaiku beta goes mobile

From: Jay Bain <jay_at_cyberzen.com>
Date: 04/04/01
First I have to say how much I enjoy this list, despite mostly
lurking.  Thank you!

Second, I wanted to share some info about a wireless project I've been
involved in.

For the past couple of months, David Fetter and I have been building a
demonstration prototype of a location-based index of user-created
content.  Its called HaikuHaiku, we've not posted on developer/wireless
lists because we wanted to launch some mobile-device ready iterations of
the service; which we finally just did over a period of less than a week.

We've pushed to public beta a version of the service for WAP-enabled cell
phone users, accessible via a WAP-browser, at wap.haikuhaiku.com.  You can
also download a beta Palm Query Application (PQA) from a link on the
website, at www.haikuhaiku.com, then access the service via a Palm VII with
a wireless account, or a Palm OS device with an Omnisky wireless account.

HaikuHaiku is a database-driven, global index of haiku (5-7-5 compliance
not required) assigned a sub-neighborhood level location by the user when
submitted.  You can also append themes to haiku as well, its pretty
interesting what people enter, we hope you have fun with it :)

We used a flexible, standards-based platform architecture (details
available upon request) and hope to implement a lot of new features in the
short-term.  You're feedback is very welcome, please remember this is a
beta.  We also hope to develop an iMode version of the service...

Ori Neidich has also provided key support in developing HaikuHaiku
(thanks!).  Also, <shameless plug>we hope to showcase our development
skills as a team, if you need application development support related to
wireless or SQL/Oracle database design and integration, please contact us
at info@neoku.com.  We're especially interested in supporting content
publishers, digital service providers, and interactive marketing teams.  We
also hope to work with location-based technology parnters.  More info is
online at www.neoku.com </shameless plug>.

Thanks!