(keitai-l) tiled image viewer

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 04/05/01
To test out a theory,
I wrote a hack which fetches the  Dilbert comic onto my server every day,
converts it to tiled GIF image strips, and makes them available for an
IAppli applet to fetch and view (with scrolling
via the arrow keys).

The applet to view the comic is downloadable at

http://i.ua.com/imode/comic

Even scaled down, the comic strip is pretty big (about 50 kbytes), and thus
takes about a minute to load.
i-Mode is way too slow. It's quicker to walk over and buy the newspaper from
the newstand on the platform. Probably not much more expensive either,
with what DoCoMo charges for packets.

And yes, I know I am violating Scott Adams' copy rights. It's just a hack, ok?

Henry