(keitai-l) Re: Why Seattle?

From: Virgil Vergara <virgil_at_hawaii.rr.com>
Date: 04/06/01
I don't think  being isolated is a disadvantage at all. In my opinion being
isolated is actually  advantage with the wireless web and Imode. There is
enormous influx of Japanese that come here each day and each one of them
brings their Imode telephone with them. If it were possible to use Imode
here they could easily send email back to Japan, lookup the best places to
shop and even find bus or transportation information just like they would in
downtown Tokyo.

I thought I brought this subject up since already several friends of mines
from Japan came to visit me and brought their Imode telephone to Hawaii. Of
course, they attempted to log on without any success. But I've come to the
conclusion that if Docomo were to succeed in America, they would have had an
easier time if they launched in Hawaii rather than Seattle. Call me biased
but I have a hard time seeing it succeed in Seattle.

Virgil