(keitai-l) Re: Why Seattle?

From: rolf van widenfelt <rolf_at_pizzicato.com>
Date: 04/08/01
ahhh, being excluded is never fun.

well, i think Hawaii would have been an interesting choice, but offhand,
it seems like there just isn't enough people there to make it worthwhile.
i seem to remember Honolulu (by far the largest city in the Hawaiian Islands)
only has about 300,000 people.
greater Seattle must be at least in the couple million range, and also has a relatively
high density of tech-savvy people.

on the other hand, if DoCoMo could work out the logistics (spectrum, etc.)
to offer japanese-compatible i-mode in Hawaii,
i'm sure the japanese tourists would love it.

and then us West Coast folks could fly to Hawaii to "test" our sites :-)

-rolf