(keitai-l) Re: New products and services

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 04/12/01
dtalbot wrote:
> > The revenue combo will be interesting as well.  Will Palm.net usage
> > in Japan be rolled into one's iMode fees, and will the combined
> > pricing be relatively lower than in the US? Here in SF, unlimited
> > queries on my Palm VII run $45/month, plus my SprintPCS is about
> > $60/month.  Its got to get cheaper... :)

That's outrageously expensive!

> I was wondering the same thing, but then someone pointed out that the
> Mobile Internet Kit from Palm actually lets you use PQA (and therefore
> I assume Palm.net) for a one-time charge of $39).

Right, and I think Palm is including this with all new Palms.

> Could anyone in the US comment how the charges work for MIK Webclipping,
> does it just show up as air-time on your mobile phone bill?

I haven't used it, but I think that it works over any modem.  So it
could be charged as an ordinary call on a land-line or analogue mobile
network, or as a data call on a digital mobile network, or as packets
on a CDPD network (using a Minstrel modem).