(keitai-l) Re: application errors on phone.

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 04/16/01
+ What emulator are you using?

DoJa seems to be the closest to a real phone. I woiuldn't trust
the other emulators very much.

+ I debug using print statements... write a debug function which opens an
http connection back to your server, and have a script that appends debug
messages from the phone to a log file.

You can wrap a big "catch" around everything, but the KVM doesn't
give very specific error messages.

Use lots of print statements!

+ Make sure your jar file is not more than 10kbytes, and that you aren't
allocating
more than about 100 kbytes of heap space (phones vary a lot as to how much
heap an IAppli can use)