(keitai-l) peripherally on topic

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushunet.com>
Date: 04/29/01
Sorry to ask this here, it is where the expertise is...  And I DO need it
for imode....

Anyone using mysql/php4 with the Japanese patches to deliver sjis content?

(I can't abandon sjis until imode does....)

could they possibly contact me off list, I have some noddy questions: -
specifically - can one just set the output encoding to sjis once, and have
everything converted from EUC (database data format) as with php3 i18n, or
does one have to jstr_convert_encoding($fred, "sjis") every bally thing as
one goes....?

Is there any possibility that docomo will move away from sjis to something
nicer....?

nick