(keitai-l) Re: Independant usabilty studies for handsets?

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew.shuttleworth_at_tokyopc.org>
Date: 05/15/01
Does it have to be a web site? The mobile magazines mobile-i and Nikkei
mobile often have good reviews and comparisons. Although they do seem a bit
afraid to upset their advertisers, the information is still useful. Some
sites where you may get some useful info:

ZDNet Japan Mobile: http://www.zdnet.co.jp/mobile/
mobile-i: http://www.zdnet.co.jp/magazine/mobile_i/
Nikkei Mobile (Not much on the site but the magazine is good):
http://mobile.nikkeibp.co.jp/MOBILE/contents.shtml

If you go docomo you can go to one of their showroom-shops (e.g. in Minato
Mirai, Yokohama between the Landmark Tower and Jack Mall) and play with
real, working phones. Actually some of the docomo phones are very similar to
models used by other operators so you could get something from it anyway.

Good luck.

Andrew
--
Andrew Shuttleworth (andrew.shuttleworth@tokyopc.org)