(keitai-l) Re: Useful inventions... (cHTML vs. iAppli)

From: christopher lowery <chris_at_onegoodwindow.com>
Date: 05/18/01
> [but ... java=(bigger than cHTML)!] What am I missing in here?

Somebody mentioned it a couple of days ago in this forum -
there's (apparently) no integration between the Java VM and
the built-in i-mode browser. Not surprising, east vs. west.

I guess what's being described here is an iAppli that acts
as a web cache. Catch this though - the cached cHTML looks
'similar' to the original i-mode HTML! 'Similar' says to me
another rasterizer (+ui) is being used, see above.

Something must be lost in the 'focuses a function of converting
the user interface'.  ;]

-chris

Mika Tuupola wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2001, Juergen Specht wrote:
>
> > -- Fujitsu Ltd. and TurboLinux Japan KK said they are releasing
> > the beta version of a jointly developed tool which converts
> > Compact-HTML codes for i-mode into i-mode-based Java source codes.
> >
> > This version focuses a function of converting the user interface.
> > One page of HTML will be converted into a Java program that produces
> > a similar display image on the i-mode screen.
>
>         Errr... Now whats the point? I could imagine the the on the fly
>         generated javacode is larger in the bytes than what the
>         chtml page would be.
>
>         If you combine the size of the browser and the chtml page
>         the resulting size in bytes is larger though so this would
>         make sense only with phones who dont have browser but can
>         run Java.
>
>         What am I missing in here?
>

> --
> Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/

Christopher Lowery  -  software designer - ephemerist
            www.onegoodwindow.com/graphics-hut  -  1admw.com (wap)