(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo does AOL

From: Daniel Scuka <daniel_at_japaninc.com>
Date: 05/25/01
I would argue just the opposite.

Keep the portal free to official content providers (so as to make the
economic argument for building a site compelling), but loosen up the listing
requirements a little (at least make them painfully transparent -- appoint a
"Listing Ombudsman" whose binding decision can arbitrate complaints).

Also, open up the operator billing service to anyone. Presto--it doesn't
matter whether you're an official site or not, as long as all 3rd pty CPs
can make use of the microbilling. Then there's incentive for anyone to
become a content/service provider, while the portal operator can still brag
to potential subscribers that the portal providers have been "carefully
vetted to guarantee quality... blah blah blah."

--Daniel