(keitai-l) Re: Any interest in JavaHz mailing list translations?

From: chas <panda_at_skinnyhippo.com>
Date: 06/10/01

>>  3. Gathering information for....well....remember that FAQ we promised you?
>
>It's already here:
>
>http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html  :)

dunno how many times i've seen that posted to this list but it's a lot.

first item i clicked on was item 15.1 :

<snip>
15.1 Images for your information and downloading in preparation.
Return to imode-FAQ main page

Need more information about imode?
Here are some or your choices to find more information:
Download our short qualitative imode-report now (pdf-format, 30 pages)!
Download our detailed quantitative imode-report now (pdf-format, 55 pages)!
Visit our imode pages: http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/
Order our imode report: sales@eurotechnology.com
Discuss your needs with us, and plan a consulting or business project with
us - we will be delighted to work with you: sales@eurotechnology.com
</snip>

looks like your only option available,  if you want images of imode
phones is to enter a sales relationship with eurotechnology which
i  know is not true.

on some mailing lists, if you keep plugging your own products and
services, others on the list get peeved.

this faq is such a loose disguise for a sales pitch - like one of
those conferences  you go to which promises to tell you how to do
something, but really is  just a vendor's sales pitch.
sort of loses credibility somewhere down the line.

michael, back to your original question : i for one would love to
know of any new items going on the gigahz mailing list - just be
careful not to commit yourself to doing something that might later
come back to bite you (ie. might find it's an abhorent amount of
work, and cause of stress).

thank you very much,

chas