(keitai-l) Re: Don Listwin on mobile internet

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 09/01/01
From: "Kyle Barrow" <kyle@X-9.com>

> While he is not saying anything new, this interview with Openwave's Don
> Listwin may be of interest:
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1014-201-7023665-0.html?tag=bt_bh

Maybe Don Listwin didn't have anything new to say, but I thought maybe
the interviewer did, when he used the modifier  "increasingly smaller".

Then I did a googlesearch and discovered otherwise. :-(

This interview also yields a new market category: "early adapter."
(What next?  "Terminal adopter"?)  OK, maybe this was just
a typo....

I guess it's the times.  Cisco's CEO was quoted as saying something
like "this might be the fastest that this industry has ever decelerated"
early this year.  People who live (and die) by hype can even make
catastrophic disappointment sound just....jaw-droppingly wonderful.

DoCoMo's recent two-page spreads seem like a model of decorum
and sobriety by comparison.  Maybe they need a slogan: "Dull as
dishwater, but way ahead of you anyway"?

-michael turner
leap@gol.com