(keitai-l) Re: Customs issues Bond-like cellphone gun alert

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 09/03/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>It's quaint to see a country where criminals and hijackers
>think that scissors and knives are viable tools for plying their
>violence.

<offtopic>  what is REALLY quaint is that Japanese hijackers DO
successfully hijack large passenger jets with the most modest of weapons.
The "ice-pick"* (the kind for getting ice out of an ice bucket) hijack is
notorious, and various other small, sharp items have been used
successfully... including (I THINK) scissors....

I am still waiting for the "toothpick" hijack - but I *seriously* believe
it is possible.

*The mag. I published at the time ran it under the headline "Hundreds
entranced by tiny tool"... </offtopic>