(keitai-l) Re: Using IR port instead of radio interface on i-mode

From: Chris Lowery <chris_at_onegoodwindow.com>
Date: 09/04/01
Curt Sampson wrote:
> It's the same with a laptop, if the laptop has an IR port. This sort
> of I/R is really just a wireless serial interface, and works just as
> a serial cable between the two devices would. The phone looks like a
> standard analogue modem to the computer.

But as we know a serial port is only good if you listen to it,
and it sounds like keitai aren't interested in listening to anything
on their IR serial ports except incoming chakumelo, business cards,
i-appli and the like. But no system commands, i.e. 'Treat the data
stream coming in from the IR port as if it were network data'.
Shame really. I don't suppose an I-appli could serve as a bridge?
Or is the os/browser in its own box?

wishing for your old beat-up so-last-week x505s,
-chris.