(keitai-l) Re: Using IR port instead of radio interface on i-mode

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/04/01
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Joshua wrote:

> But what does the laptop look like to the phone?

Um....a computer?

> What phones let themselves
> itself be controlled by another device over IR?  If this can be done, I
> would love to know how.

Well, I've seen it done with an Erricson model. If your friend is checking
his e-mail with a Palm, it's the same deal, unless he's using new software
from Palm (i.e., PalmOS 4 or above) with some features I've not heard of.

A typical conversation between the two would look something like this:

    C:	ATZ
    P:	OK
    C:	ATDT5551212
    P:	CONNECT 9600
	[PPP LCP Configure-Request packet]
	[etc.]

It's no different from plugging a serial cable into the computer's serial
port and plugging the other end into an external modem.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org