(keitai-l) Re: Cmode experience

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 09/06/01
> But while we're on the subject of wireless-enabled
> vending machines -- how about IR/bluetooth links
> to them, so you could make cut-rate calls THROUGH
> them (perhaps VoIP over the powerlline).  I.e., use
> vending machines as payphones through your
> keitai?  Vending machines being so ubiquitous here,
> they could practically be base-stations themselves.

This will not work, since the bluetooth signals will
be overridden by the various 802.11b networks they
open soon at public places, for example in Tokyo
station (next month?).

If you see a foreigner talking to his notebook at the
station, you just discovered Benjamin and know that it
works.

;)

Juergen