(keitai-l) Re: PHP3 vs. PHP4

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 09/08/01
> I thought that there wasn't even any character support with php3? Japanese
> coders had to get around this by installing an extension or something
right?
I was thinking the same thing, Virgil, but didn't want to get flamed by all
of the extremely well-informed members of this list (hear the goma
grinding). I have, in fact, looked high and low for a library that supports
Japanese fully in PHP3, and never found anything like the perl libraries.  I
thought PHP4.04 and earlier versions of PHP 4 handled Japanese in Unicode
fine, though there seems to be a problem with 4.06.
Any geniuses want to pipe in?
-Nik