(keitai-l) Re: Cmode experience

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 09/09/01
Wow, golly, gosh jeeze.  It is nice to know that even reasonable people like
Jurgen and good cheeky writers like Michael have the generosity to reply to
my half-wit off-the-anklet crap about cMode being a waste of time.

Cool.  Now, what I want to know is: cMode, why?

Michael suggested an interesting answer, and that was "incremental change."
God, no, I am not an advocate of some kind of techno-flatulent revolution.
I trust your good sense, Michael, but let us not jump to conclusions
regarding the author of such a simple idea:  people go forth and make use of
yourselves.  I just happen to be of the opinion that cMode isn't.  And quite
contrary to another member's comments, it is absolutely not something that
qualifies as a "modern convenience."   Although whether it is a modern
inconvenience I cannot say.

As for incremental change...who can say?  Perhaps, so maybe I should shut up
and let Coke give themselves more rim jobs over the great sales-n-marketing
idea they think they have created with cell phones.  If someone has
evidence--even circumstantial, like a comment by one of those cMode-chosa
girls at 109--that cMode is not totally driven by Coke's perpestuous (it's
not in the dictionary) need to make profits, but rather by some genuine
market need for the technology, then I will...well I dunno what.  And, no, I
am not Marxist, or at least that's what my friends tell me.

I once had a dream that I could load an app on my keitai so that it would
open my kitchen cabinet door if I had the right softkey programed and
another softkey would flush the toilet and another would let me buy a Herald
Tribune Rag.  And so on.  Woopie!  Modern Convenience!

My feeling about cMode is that it is a stupid lame-ass gimmick to sell more
beverages.  Put that same technology to work on say, the frickin', kaisatsu
in the train stations, and then we are talking something useful.

But then Michael is probably right, incremental change--maybe we will
eventually be
paying for our train fares with keitais thanks to Coke and cMode.

Christian