(keitai-l) Re: Cmode experience

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 09/07/01
> I dont know about the rest, but I personally feel that a
> simple thing of buying a coke can is getting more and more
> complex.

actually yesterday I observed the process from several
customers and the average transaction throughput was 1
cola (non diet) per about 12 minutes. The competition vending
machine next to the Cmode one had a transaction throughput of
1 softdrink per about 20 seconds.

The friendly vending machine operator Yuko told me (after
she checked in all directions if her boss is looking) that
she would not use it, as long as she have some coins in
her pocket (which you need anyway). While I talked with her,
suddenly came a random totally non-Cmode aware female customer
to the machine, put 120 yen inside, grabbed a drink and
disappeared. We both starred at her and started to laugh.

After this Yuko made another demonstration for me, but after
about 5 minutes, this appeared on the screen:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=20&p=2&l=en

and even vending machine operator Yuko gave up with a
shoulder-twitch and a friendly "broken" in broken English,
while she wrote down the debug code in her notebook.

No, the usability of this machine is just awful. Another
observation was, that all real Cmode customers were male
and all of them are working in the Keitai business and
wanted to inform themselves about Cmode.

It was a good place to start a meishi trading business, by
the way, Michael.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht [Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc.] http://nooper.com