(keitai-l) Re: The Big Picture

From: David Davies <david_at_intadev.com>
Date: 09/10/01
On Mon 9/10/2001 8:55 PM
Juergen Specht wrote:

>> > One I've heard way too many times from people that should
>> > know better is that the iMode market consists entirely of
>> > teenage girls and there are no business users.

>> This is not by default a contradiction.

True,
Japans population 120mil ??
Average age 32 (I forgot where I heard this figure but it sound s'bout
right)
50% female ?
estimated no of females 9 - 25 yo ( thats about as far as you can
stretch the term teenager) - about 15million at a stretch.

So either they all own about 2.9 keitais or _somebody_ else has got one.

The other possibility is that everyone who owns a keitai also likes to
dress up as a teenage girl.

>> But I think that we are also a bit guilty...in our showcase
>> we like very much more to show female than male users...and
>> since the usage of i-mode is almost 50%/50% between male and
>> female, we concentrate on the more attractive 50%.

No critisism of your taste, Jurgen ;-)

If we apply the same logic to other products we can also deduce
Only women use shampoo
Men only drink alcohol
Only thin people wear clothes
Hamburgers give you perfect skin