(keitai-l) Re: The Big Picture

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, David Davies wrote:

> ...estimated no of females 9 - 25 yo ( thats about as far as you can
> stretch the term teenager) - about 15million at a stretch.
>
> So either they all own about 2.9 keitais or _somebody_ else has got one.

I dunno. I was sure I saw at least fifteen million teenage girls pass
through Hachiko crossing just this Saturday. Do they all converge on
Shibuya, or are there more elsewhere? I would not be surprised if,
through some weird space-time anomaly, the number of teenage girls in
Japan at times exceeds the entire population. It would also explain the
demographically-inordinate popularity of Hello Kitty, Pooh, and other
such things. (Maybe it even explains why I was given a Hello Kitty bag
when I opened my bank account.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org