(keitai-l) Re: Trend to i-mode sites is decreasing!

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/11/01
> Interesting to see these figures going up and down.
> Who's doing the counting, and how are they going about it?

there are 100s of search engines for unofficial sites, and
the figures published for the number of non-official sites
is the number of entries in the data base of the top
search engines.

It's like taking the number of entries in the Google
data base and saying that this is the number of non-AOL
menu site on the internet.

This way of counting neglects a number of things, including
corporate intranet sites, but it's an indication.

Therefore the saturation of numbers Juergen mentions, may
have only to do with the way the top search engines operate.

> It would also be interesting to know how dynamic the
> unofficial sites are.
> Are they constantly appearing and disappearing, or once
> they're up do they stay up?  If, like normal web pages,
> all kinds of old stuff is still hanging around, it is
> odd that the numbers would go down.

There can't be that much really old stuff, since imode is only
around since Feb 1999 - 2 1/2 years is the maxium age.

> I would guess that many unofficial sites are very simple
> personal pages, put up by non professionals.
> Would you Japanese speakers agree?

Some non-official sites are very sophisticated and have high
page view figures. 99.9999999% (I think you can add some more
9s here) are in Japanese language only.

We have a lot more information in our imode-faq and in our reports:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/