(keitai-l) Re: DoCo Desu Car

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/12/01
 Hello Nik
I would be interested in hearing more about this offering by NTT Docomo for cars.   Are their any more applications?

----Jay
  Nik Frengle <eseller@eimode.com> wrote:

DoCoMo has apparently started a service called DoCo です Car (DoCo Desu Car), which allows a car to be tracked. The service costs 3500 yen/mo., for 300 pollings a month, and seems to involve a 5 year contract (lease?) of some sort. It is aimed (sold exclusively to?) corporate customers, and is touted as a low cost fleet management system. Does anyone have any information on this? There is nothing on Nikkei, either Japanese or English, nothing on DoCoMo's web site. The *only* information I have is an ad for the service in the bottom corner of a keitai chirashi newspaper insert.
Does anyone know any more about this?
Cheers,
Nik