(keitai-l) Re: DoCo Desu Car

From: Manish Prabhune <applet_graphics_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/12/01
The DoCo Car is a delivery management system. The details of which as I
understand
are as follows.

Needful apparatus
Mobile Locator :
Data transmission: Packet communication 9600bps
Power supply: External electric supply (DC adapter is used)
Range temperature of operation: -20 degrees C - +55 degrees C

A simple position information terminal is installed in the vehicle.
All required apparatus, such as a charger besides these exclusive terminals
and a
simple antenna, is offer by rental.
Vehicles position information and telemetric information are communicated by
making
external connection of a power supply and the antenna with the equipment
having the
PDC-P wireless module and the GPS receiver.

All systems, such as a server and a map database, are built in an ASP
center. A
visitor does all needful functions via the Internet. Efficient management is
possible and
large system configuration expenses, installations are unnecessary. Updating
the map
database is the ASP side operation. All communication charges are included
in the
monthly charge itself of 3500 yen.

On the side of the user who wants to track the vehicle gets the infor by
plainly connecting
to the ASP server. A standard navigable map interface is provided.
(Ironically only IE is supported, but the clips on the site show Netscape)

General flow :
    User <--> ASP server <--> DoPa <--> Vehicle

Regards
Manish
www.imodeindia.com