(keitai-l) other than i-mode, which is the best? J-Phone? Photos

From: Greg Conquest \(yahoo\) <conquest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/14/01
Hi,
Could some of you help me, please?
I want to get a new, color keitai. Mostly I want it to be:
- easy to use (simple, functional address book & good ability to read
various web sites).
- I also want a low monthly bill (I don't use it often -- now 3800 yen a
month or so.)
- Good typing features would be nice (keyboard ability and smart-keyboarding
(like some US phones that "guess" the words you're typing (you don't have to
press every key several times -- just once each gives most words -- haven't
seen this on Japanese keitai's.))
- Also a clear sound is important (I love my CDMA-One's sound quality.)
- I want to stay away from docomo -- even though they may be better -- just
to subsidize competetion.

Does J-Phone fit the bill here? Au/KDDI doesn't seem to have "feature-rich"
phones (my address book can't even be used to input an e-mail address (it
was a "premium" service ;-(

Thanks for any pointers. (I don't mind spending up to 10 or 20,000 yen on
the phone itself, but I want low monthly bills.)

Greg Conquest

PS I also sent myself two photos from the current J-Phones (70,000 pixels
and 110,000 pixel Java phone). If anyone is interested, I'll forward them to
you.
Greg Conquest