(keitai-l) Re: wrap text + wrap in mail

From: Bill Pellowe <billp_at_gol.com>
Date: 09/28/01
Nick May:
> More complicated than that. &nbsp; is 6 chars representing 1 space.  If
> you store any html tags in your data, and then try to wrap, you will have
> similar problems.

One solution of course in PHP is to first convert these back to single
and a dot, then explode the content on <p> into an array, and wrap each
$value of the array. It's also a handy way to control the output of long
stretches of text (such as news stories) which may overrun the number of
lines/characters that can be displayed on the page... you can do a "next"
page link etc. with that, passing the $key from the array for the next
starting place.

On a related topic, I found a small issue with wrapping English on mail to
keitais -- I wonder if this is just an issue with my P209is or if it's an
issue with all DoCoMo phones. I found I had to wrap at 15 characters instead
of 16... if I wrapped at 16 (the full width of the screen) and the text
actually ran 16 characters (to the right-hand edge of the screen), the \n
would be forced onto the next line, creating a blank line gap. Wrapping at
15 instead (or, specifically, the allowable width - 1) solved this problem.

Has anyone else come up against this, and was this the same solution you
used? Any related light to shed on J-Phone mail? (For J-Phone addresses, I
look for "jp-" in the address...that seems sufficient, but perhaps it should
be jp-_. where _ is a single letter?)

- Bill