(keitai-l) Re: I just saw the strangest TV ad

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 10/02/01
Nick May wrote:
> [...]
> hacked and is participating in a DOS attack on the White House.

...as opposed to DoSing the local 911 telephone service after
receiving an appropriatly formated SPAM e-mail? (personally,
I could care less if the Whitehouse.gov has been/is/will be DoS...
if emergency servces are DoSed, there is the definite risk that
people might die (ok, maybe not in Japan, but certainly in other
places].

PHS connected devices (and cellular connected devices in
general) may be a little more secure than your average
randomly internet connected device; however, it's not *that*
much more secure.