(keitai-l) Re: sticker for keitai

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 10/03/01
Any attempt to take this serious at all is a waste of time as you rightly
(but a bit far down the road) point out, Curt. The BBC seems to be moving
towards bright yellow press style of science journalism. Sad.

All the advances made since the Enlightenment seem to slowly be reversed:
more and more people are willing to trust the most improbable stuff rather
than the obvious (ref. corn field circles, etc etc).

I agree that life was somehow more exciting in the days when I was still a
little boy and we had a whole cave system with dangerous creatures extending
from behind that shelf in the last basement room of my familie's house (only
when my parents had gone out for an evening). It was more exciting for the
alchemists back then to fool around with stuff and try to make some gold - I
know this because I was one when I was just a little less little. It is the
imagination that there *could* be something that gets people thrilled. And
somehow we humans still seem to long for the mysterious.

The sticker on the phone is like a nicotine sticker for those people who
can't bear having no mystery but who didn't even peek down let alone go down
the road to science.

---cut---