(keitai-l) Re: JPhone introduces Prepay

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 10/31/01
>> I'm a bit curious as to why it is the Vodafone influence that leads
>> J-Phone to push for prepaid. I would think the opposite.

>And I am curious as to whether you can back up what appears to be a
>generalisation that prepaid mobile is unprofitable.

Pre-pay users generally have lower ARPU (average 40-50% lower) *but* as
an upside it offers a) better cash-flow for operators (ie all money is
upfront),
b) a significant reduction in bad-debts (ie people not paying up) and c)
access to
a new market (and also a future contract market).

GB

Wireless World Forum
www.wirelessworldforum.com