(keitai-l) Re: SSL for P503i in JSP

From: Cheng Peter <peteinjp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/13/01
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, we haven't still figured it out, and will greatly appreciate your
further help.

I am not quite sure about your question, but guess my answer is "we are
using apache with SSL to then talk to JSP engine".

We are testing with an extremely simple test JSP case.

Although we tested only with F503 and P503, we are aware that they responde
a bit differently.

F503 displays a handshake message asking whether I want to use SSL.

In a belief that F503 responds this way for the same reason that P503 does
not work, at this point we are only focusing on P503.

Regarding redirects, we do not use redirects (if you meant redirects by
something like meta tag redirects in HTML or JSP codes).

So redirects can't be the cause of the problem.

If you are not having any problem with SSL + JSP, could you show me how you
indicate a content_length in a JSP file?

We are hopelessly digging into it with various methods like one below.
Actually, 5120 is the variable number we have to figure out as you can see.

CharArrayWriter caw = new CharArrayWriter(5120);
response.setContentLength(caw.toString().getBytes
             (response.getCharacterEncoding()).length);

We use JSDK2.0 by the way.

Thanks a lot.   -Pete

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ ]