(keitai-l) Re: SSL for P503i in JSP

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 11/13/01
Hello,

Your F503i is responding correctly for the case where the server's
certificate is
not authorized from one of the phones embedded Certificate Authorities.
Therefore, yes that is acting properly.

So on to the problem,

What JSP engine are you using? Tomcat, WebSphere, etc ??
I ask because it  could be an issue with JSP engine.

I kind of wonder how simple of a JSP case you have...
Try something like this make a file called test.jsp with
the following code:

<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>
<% String hello = "Hello"; %>
This is a test:
<%= hello %>

Or if you want to be a bit more fancy get the hello string from a parameter
instead.
<% String hello = request.getParameter("hello"); %>

Then make a request to it like such
https://server/test.jsp?hello=SSLFUN

Either one of these should work...

With JSP you really should not be worrying about setting the content length.
Your engine should handle that for you, because how would you handle the
above
example when we use the hello variable from a parameter in a request that
can
vary in its' length?
You can, but it becomes ugly and then something better done in a Servlet
proper,
instead of a JSP page.  Plus you would then have to include the length of
the HTML
tags in your content-length response and that is no fun.

Hope that helps,
Zev