(keitai-l) Re: Accesng web server

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 11/27/01
Dibyendu,
The HttpConnection will only work if the address is exactly the same as that
from which the jam file was downloaded.  Even if you can get the jam file in
a number of ways (ie, through an ip number, a domain, a localhost, etc) you
better be very sure that you use exactly the same way as you use in your
code. There is an easy way to fix that:

Change this:  HttpConnection hc =
(HttpConnection)Connector.open("http://localhost:80/abc.txt");

to this: HttpConnection hc =
(HttpConnection)Connector.open(getSourceURL()+"/abc.txt");

Then you just have to make sure that anything you are using HttpConnection
to get is on the same server as the jam and jar files are.

I have never seen the package URL mismatch error, so I can't say with any
authority, but it could also come from not having a proper pointer to the
jar file. The DoJa KToolbar does this automatically, adding to the jam file
something like this:

PackageURL = network.jar

Also, though that error message doesn't seem to indicate it, make sure you
have this line in your jam file:

UseNetwork = http

Finally, if you are using KToolbar, be sure to add a value for AppClass:

AppClass = network.Network

Sorry if I missed something, and hope this helped.

Nik Frengle
IntaDev, Inc.
www.intadev.com