(keitai-l) Re: closing down cellphones in cinemas

From: cfb <cfb_at_nirai.ne.jp>
Date: 07/04/02
Kolsky Amir wrote:
> [...]
> (The process of searching for a new cell can apparently consume quite a
> bit of power even though the transmitter isn't active.  My Motorola GSM
> handset has various options for speed of search to allow the user to
> trade-off battery life against speed of reconnection to a network.)

True... started working in a server room that had concrete walls at
the center of a multi-story building (multiple layers rebar and the
aluminum used to lay concrete for floors make a nice Faraday cage)
and my bettery life dropped from a week to two days.... and I spend
less time actually using the phone to boot!