(keitai-l) Re: Weather services in Japan & Mobile Applications

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 07/04/02
Dominique, there are about 2000 companies/providers with more
than 3000 "official" menu sites in Japan, and in addition
there are around 50,000 "non-official" sites, some of which
are amateur, but some are also professional and commercial.
So it's difficult to give a short answer to your question.

Regarding weather services,  there are at least four, and
they have become pretty complex, with JAVA i-applis,
location dependent services, taiphoon warnings,
satellite images etc.

If you need details contact us off-list - one our staff has
worked in this area on a satellite related imode project and
we are preparing a sports related imode project as well.

Yes we have a report in English about imode markets, which
includes some information about the various services - you
can find details about our publications here:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/info/publications.html

Hope this helps,

Gerhard Fasol
Eurotechnology Japan K. K.