(keitai-l) Re: Need Linux Server In Japan

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 07/06/02
On 2002-07-06 13:21, "Benjamin" <bkml@mac.com> wrote:

> Since late 2001 NTT is offering FTTH in the Tokyo metropolitan area. You
> get 100 Mbit/s for 9000 yen per month or 10 Mbit/s for 5000 yen per
> month. I find this to be the best high bandwidth bargain available
> anywhere on the planet - in most places you don't even get 100Mbit/s on
> an off-the-shelf package.

Sunny Osaka has FTTH too.

There is no SLA with the FTTH package and the connection will go down once a
month for "maintenance" so I'm not sure you would want to run a commercial
server with this service.

Still a very cool connection and not something I think you can find anywhere
else for this price.

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com